Thursday, September 17, 2009

Off Campus Living

This is my first year living off campus, and I am enjoying it greatly. I am currently living at the heights with 3 other roommates and if you have never been to the heights, they are pretty nice. They are 3 story apartments that come with 4 bedrooms, and each bedroom has there own bathroom. They are also fully furnished and have a nice kitchen. It is nice to have the independence from the dorm and campus living.

6 comments:

  1. I definatly feel where you're coming from, how its so different from the dorms. I mean, I'm only living in the Rock Apartments this year which is still on campus, but there's no desk attendant, no CA's living down the hall and only 24 people in the entire Rock Apartment building, so it feels like any ordinary apartment away from the 40+ residents living all over each floor. And yes, I have been to the Heights and it is probably the nicest apartments I've ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heights are nice I lived there last year. The only thing that I didn't like was the long drive to campus, you have to wake up earlier than you're used to to make it to class on time and trying to find a parking spot on campus is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also living off campus this year for the first time. I love it just as much as you. I like being able to cook my own food instead of having to eat on campus, having my own room and bathroom, and having so much space. I am so glad I made the decision to move into Southrock Apartments this year. I plan on living there the rest of my stay at SRU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living off campus is very nice. Having the luxuries of a bathroom, kitchen, and living room is a huge bonus. When I moved away from the dorms I did miss the college atmosphere of the dorms. It was a good way to meet many new people. There was always something going on and I missed that environment. But overall I would have to give the nod to off campus living.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone that living off cmapus is very nice. I just dont like the appartment type locations though. I feel a place with a little land around it for parties are alot nicer. Also living close to a lot of people gets nosy. Hearing all the cars pull in and out isn't the best along with everyone else partying when you dont want to hear it at night also sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living off campus is a huge change but I am living at South Rock this year and I absolutely love it because campus is always so busy and crowded so it's nice that I do not have to deal with that all day. I am on campus for classes just once a day since my classes are all back to back and then I walk back to my apartment. It is a four bedroom place and is also fully furnished.

    ReplyDelete